Tuesday, June 6, 2017

Last Week of May

Alright not a lot of time because of our Memorial Day picnic and I tried to send more personal emails. 
But here we go!!!
We had our second appointment with Sierra and Charles. Their last name is Andrews so I'll start referring to them as brother and sister Andrews. They both accepted to read from the BofM daily and the very next day Sierra expressed that she already knows the book is true. When she knelt down to pray and ask she said that she already knew the answer. Charles is having a harder time understanding the old english but he will get there. Charles made a soft commitment to a specific date for baptism but seemed hesitant at making a for sure commitment.

We finally had the opportunity to teach the Niederhauser family again. Amber and Brandon. Not sure if you remember but Amber is the non member and Brandon is a member. She committed to read from the BofM every day and is willing to meet twice a week. She is looking like she will get baptized on the 24th of June. In the closing prayer Amber prayed that she would be able to keep her commitment to read everyday. Not even baptized but she is already asking for strength through Jesus Christ! So great.

We met with a guy named Akolade and he told us to call him Koolaid. We are meeting with him again tonight. He committed to read from the Book of Mormon. He is going to college out here and is probably 21 or 22. 

This week Elder Limon and I decided to work on Virtue by no longer quoting movie quotes, old songs, and trying to quote scripture to each other throughout the day. Well we were definitely tested by the Lord with various situations that I never expected to happen on my mission. I won't go into details because it really was weird but I also made it a goal to memorize the Articles of Faith this week so those came in handy. So I just want you all to know that prayer is real and God will always answer you in his timing. I also testify that scriptures and hymns have real power to set the stage of your mind hundreds of times throughout the day. 

I know that this is the Lord's work. I know that he lives and loves us. I know that Christ is the only way to Jesus Christ. 

I love you all!
Elder Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment