It has been a super sweet week!
About this Ward:
1. The Ward is awesome. The members feed us regularly and are doing their best to stay involved with the missionary effort and many actually do what the stake president has challenged us all to do as a stake.
2. This stake is leading the world right now in indexing. At stake conference President Boyack issued a challenge to index 1 million names by next conference and so far we have over 300,000 names indexed and stake conference was only 4-5 weeks ago. Pretty awesome. So far a lot of members have been able to have some cool missionary experiences from it too.
3. The Ward Mission leader is a young guy who knows what he is doing. He is striving to fulfill his calling and has been doing a good job so far. Such a difference when people actually strive to fulfill their callings.
Paul and Kasey Nudson are a father and son who we are teaching. Paul is married to Sister Nudson who is a member that returned to activity about a year ago. He has been taught for a really long time and has been on baptismal date several times. He has a word of wisdom concern he is striving to over come and on Thursday we were able to sit down with him and help him make a plan to overcome and he is on date for Aug 13th. He said that we could have daily contact with him and just see how he is doing each day. Pray for him! Kasey is his 9 year old son. He is a typical 9 year old who struggles with listening but he understands everything pretty well already. We're hoping when his dad gets baptized that he will commit too! The Nudson family is pretty awesome over all. They also have a little daughter, Iris who is 3. She is hilarious.
Last Monday we didn't have a full day because Elder Neil Anderson came our mission and spoke to us!! It was SO POWERFUL. Highlights
- "In this mission there are thousands who await you. In each of your areas there are Dozens who await you. Asking God what it is that is missing from their life."
- "We know that this Mission is Very hard working and Very obedient.
But you need to learn how to have greater faith and pull down the powers of heaven"
- "You are serving in a sacred place. I and the rest of the brethren don't talk about Independence Mo because we know that if we helped saints see how truly important this place was they would flock here."
- we don't always see the fruit of our work and efforts in those that we teach and serve but you still taste of the fruit in your own life because the atonement changes you as you serve the lord. Alma 32:
He said a lot of other things but those were the best.
Wednesday was District Meeting! It went really well and there was a lot of good discussion. Looking forward to this week's meeting. This District is full of hard workers who love the Lord and you can feel it. On Sunday nights I'm supposed to call each companionship and just talk about their week and it is so interesting and cool how you can just feel the love that Heavenly Father and the Savior has for each companionship and missionary. You can literally feel it. Not sure if that actually makes sense but it's such a blessing to have that experience.
On Saturday there was a stake BBQ and it was the best turn out I have ever seen at a stake activity. Seriously crazy. We were in this park and we covered the entire park. Muggy air. Lots of Mormons. Mounds of food. Doesn't get better than that.
Me and Elder Wright get along really well. He is a hard worker and it so nice to have an extra hour of study each morning again. Really helps you improve faster. He is from Holiday, Utah and I think he went to Olympus High. Not sure where that is. He is definitely the most talkative companion I have had and it's a ton of fun.
Elder Kelly and Elder Wright
This week we are on foot. We went up to the mission home to see if they have any bikes we can swoop from the bat cave and they are all broken. It'll be a good week of hoofin' it around. Pray for rain.
Last thought. During the sacrament yesterday's I was reading from 2 Nephi 27
Verses 3 particularly hit me hard.
"1 But, behold, in the last days, or in the days of the Gentiles--yea, behold all the nations of the Gentiles and also the Jews, both those who shall come upon this land and those who shall be upon other lands, yea, even upon all the lands of the earth, behold, they will be drunken with iniquity and all manner of abominations--
2 And when that day shall come they shall be visited of the Lord of Hosts, with thunder and with earthquake, and with a great noise, and with storm, and with tempest, and with the flame of devouring fire.
3 And all the nations that fight against Zion, and that distress her, shall be as a dream of a night vision; yea, it shall be unto them, even as unto a hungry man which dreameth, and behold he eateth but he awaketh and his soul is empty; or like unto a thirsty man which dreameth, and behold he drinketh but he awaketh and behold he is faint, and his soul hath appetite; yea, even so shall the multitude of all the nations be that fight against Mount Zion"
I was thinking about how only through Christ can we actually be filled. That is the only way we can find true fulfillment in this life. 3 Nephi 18:1-11, Alma 36: 12-21, Moroni 10: 32-33, and 1 Nephi 1:15 are examples.
God does live. His son is Jesus Christ. :)
- Elder Kelly
This house has 3 huge dogs that slobber and shed.
The owner was nice and gave us these apron things to keep our clothes safe.
Elder Wright's got ripped by the dogs in like two seconds.