Thursday, March 17, 2016

Hallelujah

This week has been one heck of a week! Lots has happened; lots has been
learned! To start I had a really humbling experience that helped me
realize I really needed to make sure I was teaching with the spirit
and that I was full of love for those I was teaching. We were teaching
Sabrina, our neighbor, and she has a really hard time swallowing the
idea that the Book of Mormon is needed and that we are the only church
on the earth that has priesthood authority. We have all gotten really
comfortable around her because we have helped her with random
things (putting a shelf together, replacing shower head, stuff like
that) she needed help with and she is so kind. She is college aged and
has a little boy. It is honestly like teaching someone from high
school or something because we all get along pretty well. Anyways we
were teaching her one night and the member we had with us was
explaining how it is a choice she will have to make one day if she is
going to be baptized or not. She said, "Yeah I know I want to make this
choice for me. And HE (turns and points right at me) Keeps trying to
force it on me!" Honestly I was about to cry. I never want to hear
those words come out of someones mouth EVER again. I realized I had
some repenting to do. No teaching will work if you don't have true
charity and teach out of love. We had another lesson with her a couple
of days later on Saturday night and the spirit was way strong this
time and we committed her to attend church the next day! She showed up
at the end of sacrament because she forgot to set her clock forward.
But she had a good experience in the last two blocks and when she went
and picked up her son from nursery he said, "I made a friend mom!" So
it turned our pretty good.

Jeanie and Chris FINALLY set a marriage date for April 15th and Jeanie
will be baptized on the 16th! We have had some awesome lessons with
them lately full of the spirit and I love their family so much. They
also forgot to set their clock forward so they didn't come to
church... LAME

Last awesome thing is that Elder Stevenson from the Quorum of the
twelve came to our mission on Saturday!!! We had an all mission
conference and all got to shake his hand and then he addressed us! He
talked a lot about teaching with the spirit and it was definitely what
I needed to hear!

Anyways I love you all very much and enjoy the emails you send!

-Elder Kelly


The Trio
Elder Kelly, Katoa, Herrod




This is what happens when you let
a missionary cut your hair!





No comments:

Post a Comment