Tuesday, August 30, 2016

One Thing After Another

Wednesday I packed up all my stuff over 3 or 4 hours. I despise packing.

The last few days with Elder Wright was all on foot. Wednesday night we left after dinner in the apartment and very quickly it started to rain. We walked the entire night around in rain. Not just a little rain. It was coming down heavily without fail the entire time. We had rain coats and umbrellas but none the less we were soaked by the end of the night. Our shoes were completely wet all the way through and our rain coats started to Osborn water as well. At first we only had one umbrella and a lady with a member family pulled over and gave us a super nice umbrella that saved us. Simply put we slept like rocks that night.

At transfers Elder Wright and I showed up anxious to find out the news of what was going on. He went into his meeting to meet his new companion and I waited for the Assistants to roll up in their car with the transfer roster. Found out I was transferred to the very center of the mission and will serve as Zone Leader! Independence, MO! My companion is Elder Taylor. He is from Layton, Utah and went to North Ridge High school. He has been out for a year. We are strangely similar in many ways. Serve in the Raytown Ward. This stake is actually called the "Center Stake of Zion" (according to the stake president...who knows if that is true). Really a blessing to serve in a mission so rich in doctrine. The Raytown Ward is where Elder Katoa got called out of to be the assistant so Elder Taylor was just serving with him last transfer. We work out with elder Beeyler and elder Katoa each morning. There is a sweet run we do where we run by the visitors center and the community of Christ temple.

 Saturday morning I got a call from brother Ahmu asking me to speak on "Blessed are the meek". My brain was stuck for a long time on what exactly I should say.  Sunday morning we had a correlation with President Vest and the stake presidency. And then had about 40 minutes after for me to prepare my talk. Thankfully the spirit came through and the talk went very well.  Many of the members were super warm to me in welcoming me in.

We are teaching a super miracle. His name is Cameron Davis and he meets with us every day. He has a baptismal date for Sep 10th. His father is a member out in Idaho and he has avoided the church for many years. He is so committed to the Lord and truly hungers and thirst for righteousness.

Sorry I am short on time and I don't really have any pics. Love you family!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment